This is the official page for the Firefox Environment Backup Extension
version 8. Note that FEBE 8 is a beta release and please be aware that there still
might be some as-of-yet undiscovered issues. Please report any problems encountered in the
FEBE support forum thread
. I will strive to fix them
as quickly as I can.
- FEBE code completely rewritten to wrap all functions into a single object (AMO recommendation)
- Added Dropbox support, removed Box.net support
- Support added for up to three additional backup locations for webDAV, CDs, DVDs, thumbdrives, networked drives, etc.
- Profile backup name now contains the Firefox version number.
- Added 'Grace period" (seconds) to backup on startup/shutdown.
- Added 'Tolerance' (seconds) for determining if scheduled backup was missed
- Scheduled backup UI redesigned
- No restart needed when changing backup schedule
- New option: Perform delayed backup
- Items can be added to ignore list during backup
- Created function to test backup directory permissions
- Created function to list all add-ons
- Created function to manually load and save extension data
- If FEBE cannot load the extension data in real-time, a saved copy of the data will be used instead.
If this is a
, you will need to setup some options before you can create a backup. Go to
Tools > FEBE > FEBE Options
. The only option that absolutely must be set is your
Backup destination directory
Where to backup
tab. You may want to explore the many other options while you're there, though.
If you are
upgrading from a previous FEBE major version or upgrading from a older Firefox version
, you should clear your previous
settings. Go to
Tools > FEBE > FEBE Options > Advanced > Clear FEBE preferences.
March 26, 2014 v8.0beta13 Install Download
- Added "View FEBE preferences" in FEBE Options > Advanced. This is helpful when posting debugging information in the support forum.
March 24, 2014 v8.0beta12 Install Download
- Beta12 fixes:
- Permissions problem with *nix platforms. FEBE will attempt
to temporarily give read/write/execute permissions to the profile
directory and change back when done.
- Better error trapping when profile directory is unreadable
- Tweaks to 'Backup on shutdown' routine
- Added "FEBE debug mode" to FEBE Options > Advanced >
Advanced preferences. Checking this box will open and dock the
- Temporarily removed all locales except English (en-US) until translations are done.
March 17, 2014 v8.0beta11 Install Download
- Beta11 fixes:
- Same as beta10 but included locales (most have not been fully translated yet, so untranslated strings will appear in English)
March 12, 2014 v8.0beta10 Install Download
- Beta10 fixes:
- User-defined backup settings now load properly
- User-defined backup "Include" checkbox now respected
- Missed scheduled backup fix
March 8, 2014 v8.0beta9 Install Download
- Beta9 fixes:
- The "Include 'Copy to clipboard' button on popup messages"
checkbox now works as expected and affects alert, help, and other dialog
- The 'Add item to ignore list during backup' function is fixed.
Most likely the last beta release before submission to AMO.
- Submitted to BabelZilla for localization.
March 2, 2014 v8.0beta8 Install Download
- Beta8 fixes:
- Permissions are set to read/write on each backed up file to
prevent errors when removing old backup directories (any affected
directories created before this update must be manually deleted or fixed
with FEBE Options > Advanced > Set read/write permissions in backup folder)
- New icons for Cloud Services > Other backup locations
- Results Report now sorted case insensitive.
- Results Report can now be displayed in RTL or LTR orientation (FEBE Options > How to backup > Display results page). Used in Arabic, Hebrew and many other languages.
- Renaming backup directories between ISO8601 and European fixed.
February 17, 2014 v8.0beta7 Install Download
- 'Get list' in ignore list now works
- Results page no longer saved as "FEBE NaN NaN-NaN NaN.NaN.NaN.html"
- Display History fixed (note: Please run FEBE Options > Where to backup > Clear backup history to start accumulating valid history data)
- User-defined backup clean-up
- Backup/restore bookmarks (html) now working correctly
February 12, 2014 v8.0beta6 Install Download
- Beta6 fixes:
- Backup Time no longer reads "NaN" in non-english locales
- Fixed "ReferenceError: rmDir is not defined febe.js:2623"
February 10, 2014 v8.0beta5 Install Download
- Fixed "Check AddonManager functionality" routine
- Prevent multiple scheduled backups from occurring between Fx shutdowns/restarts
- Fixed several issues when dealing with multiple open Fx windows
- Timestamp directory name no longer resolves to "FEBE NaN NaN-NaN NaN.NaN.NaN" in non-english locales
January 20, 2014 v8.0beta4 Install Download
- Beta4 fixes:
- No extensions backed up when "Use timestamped directories" not checked
- Under certain conditions, two or more scheduled backups are run simultaneously
January 18, 2014 v8.0beta3 Install Download
- Last backup on startup display (Invalid Date)
- Added "Open last backup directory" button in FEBE Options > Where to backup > Lists/Reports
- User-Defined backups not writing to main backup destination directory.
- "Unresponsive script" error chrome://febe/content/febe.js:2032
- Delayed backup entries not removed from displayed list after backup finished
- Added "Show folder" button to Quick Backup
- Profile restore window not resizing correctly
January 8, 2014 v8.0beta2 Install Download
- Fixed ignore list crashing Fx
January 5, 2014 v8.0beta Install Download